Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hello Seattle! - Day 1


I am currently sitting at the desk of my hotel room, eating an organic pear that I bought from the Public Market hours ago. It's 1:15 a.m. here. I am so excited for today- I should probably be sleeping, but at this point my sleep schedule has already been disturbed and pretty much ruined. Plus, good ol' Usher is keeping me company. Apparently the DJ's got us falling in love again.

About to board the plane from Salt Lake City to Seattle!
I first arrived in Salt Lake City, Utah, around 9:30 a.m and grabbed some food before hopping on my flight to Seattle. The flight was fairly long- about 4 1/2 hours I would say, although, I was sleeping for most of it, anyway.



SeaTac is a really unique airport that has artwork throughout the airport- there's even an artwalk
Luggage Pick-up




I arrived in Sea-tac International Airport around 12 p.m. and took the Light Rail all the way to the end of the line which left me at 4th Avenue, two blocks away from the Sheraton Downtown- located in the heart of Seattle! The location is truly amazing- there are restaurants and tons of local shops within walking distance and better yet- the public market is just a 5 minute walk. After checking into my glorious hotel room I unpacked all of my luggage, took a nice hot shower, a quick nap, and was off to set up my poster on the 2nd floor of the hotel, the Grand Ballroom, the general check-in area of the conference.
The View from my Hotel Room
Yeah, I could get used to this.


Cheese.

Setting up my poster! 



Lunch at the market: Pike Place Chowder- New England Clam Chowder & Market Salad



I'm so excited for my first day of sessions tomorrow (technically today since it's nearly 3 a.m. at this point)


Cheers, everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat about it!